Holcomb Dunbar - North Mississippi Attorneys

How Can I Restore My Right to Own a Firearm?


Doug Hollowell Attorney

Doug Hollowell

How can I restore my right to own a firearm?

Mississippi law provides a mechanism to allow such through a “Judicial Certificate of Rehabilitation.”

A felony conviction brings with it several consequences, one of which is the loss of one’s right to own or possess a firearm. Mississippi law, however, does provide an avenue of relief. The gun ownership rights of an individual convicted of a felony can be restored through a Certificate of Rehabilitation.

Upon completing all court ordered conditions, including any and all probation and fines, a person convicted of a felony may petition the court to issue a Certificate of Rehabilitation. A Certificate of Rehabilitation may also be available to those currently ineligible for an expungement.

Have more question, call Doug Hollowell at 662-238-7559 to learn more or to discuss eligibility.