662.234.8775 | Legal Assistant: Melinda Stricklin (email)
- Workers’ Compensation, General Insurance Defense Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS:
- Mississippi Bar Association (President, Workers’ Compensation Section)
- Lafayette County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Board of Bar Admissions
- Mississippi Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Kids’ Chance of Mississippi Scholarship Committee, Member
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Practice at the University of Mississippi School of Law
- Mississippi (State and Federal)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Marjorie has over 30 years of experience in the area of workers’ compensation defense, representing both insurance companies and self-insured employers.
Marjorie also maintains an active mediation and alternative dispute resolution practice and is approved by the Mississippi Supreme Court for inclusion on the list of mediators. Marjorie is also active in the areas of general insurance defense law.
Marjorie has served as President of the Workers’ Compensation Section and as a member of the Mississippi Board of Bar Admissions. She is a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation and a member of the Kids’ Chance of Mississippi Scholarship Committee.
She has likewise served as an Adjunct Professor of Trial Practice at the University of Mississippi School of Law since 2000. Marjorie is also a frequent lecturer at seminars and workshops on the subject of workers’ compensation from the perspective of the employer and carrier.
The following is a brief listing of Ms. Matlock’s speaking engagements:
- Speaker, 20th Annual Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, April 2007
- Speaker, Workers’ Comp 101, Lorman Educational Services, August 31, 2006
- Speaker, Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission Adjusters Certification Program, March 10, 2006
- Speaker, Mississippi College, 14th Annual Workers’ Compensation Practice and Procedure Seminar, February 8, 2002
- Speaker, Mississippi College, 13th Annual Workers’ Compensation Practice and Procedure Seminar, November 9, 2000
- Speaker, The Young Lawyers Division of the Mississippi Bar “Practice Points for the Mississippi Lawyer,” May 28, 1999
- Speaker, Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association, 7th Annual Conference, October 23, 1998
Marjorie obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi in 1982 and received her juris doctor from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1985. During law school, Ms. Matlock was a member of the Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity.